Vegetable Tajine with Olives
Tajine is a delicious and healthy dish originating from North Africa’s cooking folklore. It is a common dish on the table of families across Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia. Its name comes from a special clay pot in which it is traditionally cooked. Your family will enjoy this vegetarian version!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour
* 2 carrots
* 1 eggplabt
* 1 onion
* 3 bell peppers (1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red)
* 2 zucchinis
* 2 tomatoes
* 5cl olive oil
* 1 tsp sugar
* 3 pinches of saffron pistils
* 20 olives (pits removed)
– Cut all vegetables in bite size pieces.
– Cook the onion in the olive oil. Then add the peppers and carrots. Let it cook 10 minutes on an average fire.
– Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix well. Cover the pot.
– Let it cook for an hour, stirring occasionally.
– When the vegetables are very soft, puree like, its ready!
This dish can be served warm or cold and is great as with our Honey Glazed Chicken recipe!
As a variation you can add meat in the Tajine and let it slow cook for great flavor, or change it up with different vegetables.