Formerly known for his bad-boy reputation more than his acting talent, Mark Anthony Fernandez is now dubbed as The Ultimate Leading Man. The son of veteran stars Rudy Fernandez and Alma Moreno, Mark was born January 16, 1979. He started his showbiz career as a member of the trio Gwapings along with Eric Fructuoso and Jomari Yllana. The group became very popular especially among teenage girls because of their talent and good looks.
Mark’s acting talent earned him several award nominations. But the young actor indulged in a happy-go-lucky lifestyle then, and got an assault case in 1998. After that and a string of box-office flops, Mark temporarily left acting and returned two years later, starring in Dos Ekis. This gained him a Best Actor nomination from Gawad Urian. But Mark was still living a dangerous life and in 2003, he took a break from acting again to undergo rehab for his drug problems.
The actor was released from rehab a couple of years later, and went back to showbiz playing supporting roles. In 2007, GMA Network offered Mark several projects including the series Impostora, in which he played Sunshine Dizon’s husband. Critics praised his performance in the series and Mark got a nomination for Best Actor from the PMPC Star Awards for TV. The network immediately cast him in another primetime series, Kamandag, where he played the villain role opposite Richard Gutierrez.
From then on, Mark got more projects, one after another. 2008 proved to be a great year for him, landing leading man roles in My Name is Kim Sam Soon with Regine Velasquez and Luna Mystika opposite Heart Evangelista. Mark is currently one of the stars of another primetime series All About Eve.
The actor was involved with actress Claudine Barretto. Right now, Mark has a non-showbiz wife, Melissa, and they have a daughter together.
- Babang Luksa (2007)
- Batas Militar (2006)
- Shake, Rattle and Roll 2k5: Lihim (2005)
- Sa Piling ng Mga Belyas (2003)
- You and Me Against the World (2003)
- Hesus Rebolusyonaryo (2002)
- Dos Ekis (2001)
- Biyaheng Langit (2000)
- Walang Katumbas Ang Dugo (1998)
- Sonny Segovia: Lumakad Ka Sa Apoy (1998)
- Ako Ba Ang Nasa Puso Mo (1997)
- Kulayan Natin Ang Bukas (1997)
- Kabilin-bilinan Ni Lola (1996)
- Istokwa (1996)
- Mangarap Ka (1995)
- Araw-araw, Gabi-gabi (1995)
- Eskapo: The Serge Osmena-Geny Lopez Story (1995)
- Matimbang Pa Sa Dugo (1995)
- Pare Ko (1994)
- Sobrang Talaga… Over!! (1994)
- Binibini ng Aking Panaginip (1994)
- Gwapings Dos (1993)
- Shotgun Banjo (1992)
- Gwapings: The First Adventure (1992)
- Palibhasa Lalake
- Tropang Trumpo
- Gwapings: Live
- Ikaw Lang AMamahalin
- Super Inggo
- Komiks: Da Adventures of Pedro Penduko
- Carlo J. Caparas’ Kamandag
- Ako si Kim Samsoon
- Dear Friend: Victor & Mimay
- Luna Mystika
- All About Eve