Fashionably Functional XPS 13
They say when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Dell proved them wrong!
Hosted by the beguiling Bianca Valerio, Dell officially launched its new XPS 13 Ultrabook last April
12 at The Mind Museum, The Fort, Taguig where dozens of press, tech bloggers, tech fanatics and curious minds came to find out what was so special with this new product.
During the launch, Dell Brand Manager, Alvin Patrick Go, introduced the features of Dell XPS 13 which made it unique and features a design that is super lightweight, durable and ergonomic – perfect for this fast paced enterprising world we live in. They say the devil is in the details and Dell made sure every detail was in check – a carbon fiber bottom to make it cooler and lightweight, a battery life of more than eight hours, a state of the art Intel processor and integrated Intel Smart Connect Technology, and even more. Truly, they went above and beyond this particular product.
Beyond this product’s functionality, it has a great exterior as well. It’s thin and stylish design inspired the latest collection of top designer, Pablo Cabahug, dubbed as “The Best of Technology and Fashion” which was also featured at the launch of the XPS 13. The looks were corporate chic and were all as stunning as the product’s design. From the sleekness of ebony to the elegance of silver, the dresses were woven into a marvel of what can be considered stylish genius.
The XPS 13 is the culmination of an extensive design and development process focused on creating the best Ultrabook on the planet,” enthused Christopher Papa, Country Manager of Dell Philippines.
Alvin Patrick Go, product manager of Dell Philippines said, “The uncompromising XPS 13 offers professionals the power to connect, collaborate and innovate with unique features and services – like Dell ProSupport and Trusted Platform Module – that satisfy the needs of enterprise IT departments.”
Truly, this product is one for the books! A perfect culmination of technology and style.
For the tech savvy individuals, here are the specs of the new Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook:
- Ultrathin laptop (0.24-0.71-inch/6-18mm) and light starting at 2.99lbs
- 13.3-inch HD WLED, 300-nit (1366×768) 720p; edge-to-edge hardened Gorilla® Glass
- Precision crafted machined aluminum with a carbon fiber base
- 128 GB SSD or 256 GB SSD drive options with Intel Rapid Start Technology
- Intel Core i5 2467M and i7 2637M processor choices
- Intel HD 3000 video graphics
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333Mhz memory
- Full size, backlit chiclet keyboard
- Glass integrated button touchpad with multi-gesture support
- 47WHr 6-cell battery offering up to eight hours, 53 minutes of battery life[v]; 45W AC
- Dell ProSupport for business customers, Windows Trusted Platform Module options for
commercial models, and coming later this year, Dell Configuration Services
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 802.11 A/G/N and Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity
- USB 3.0 (1) + USB 2.0 with PowerShare (1), mini DisplayPort, and headset jack (1)
- Built-in 1.3MP webcam (H.264 enabled via Skype) with dual array digital microphones
- High definition audio with Waves MaxxAudio 4
- Microsoft Genuine Windows 7 Professional