Buffalo Chicken Wings
Buffalo wings is a staple dish in bars and restaurants, as well as home parties. Both children and adults can’t get enough of these tender chicken wings coated with spicy sauce. It was said to have originated in 1964 in where else, Buffalo, New York. This American favorite has become a popular dish in many countries.
There are many “shortcut” recipes for buffalo chicken wings that only require you to coat the chicken one of those bottled sauces that you can find in grocery stores. Many of these recipes also do not find it necessary to put breading in the chicken. This recipe will teach you to make your own sauce and coat your wings in breading, simply because these can make your buffalo wings more delicious.
To make great buffalo chicken wings, you have to cook the chicken southern-style.
Ingredients: (For six servings)
- 12 pieces of chicken wings
- ¾ tablespoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne powder
- ¾ tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- ½ tablespoon pepper, freshly grounded
- ½ cup of floor
- ¼ cup of corn meal oil
How to cook:
1. Wash the chicken and dry them by patting each piece with kitchen towels. Put them in a resealable plastic bag (preferably a Ziploc plastic bag).
2. Add the cayenne powder, garlic, salt and pepper. Seal the bag and shake it to mix the seasonings with the chicken. Make sure to distribute the seasonings into the meat. Put bag in fridge and chill for two hours. Turn the bag every 30 minutes and massage the seasonings into the chicken.
3. Heat the oil in medium-high temperature. This will avoid the chicken from turning too brown while cooking the inside of the meat.
4. Open plastic bag and put the corn meal and flour inside it. Seal the bag again and shake the contents. Make sure that the chicken will be thoroughly coated.
5. Wait for the oil to smoke then start frying the chicken. Make sure not to put the chicken in when the oil is already too hot. You do not want to scorch the chicken. Fry in batches in order to cook the meat well and to maintain the temperature of the oil. Each chicken should be fried for 5 minutes before turning them over. Wait until the wings are brown enough. You can tell if you have cooked the chicken correctly if the wings are not so shiny and there is very little oil dripping from each piece.
Complete the dish with delicious spicy barbecue sauce.
Ingredients: (This should be enough for 10 pieces of medium-sized wings)
- ¼ cup melted butter, which should be cooled in room temperature
- Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely grated
- 1 piece small onion, chopped into fine bits
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 – 4 pieces of red chili peppers. Add if you like it spicier. You can use cayenne powder and chili flakes as substitutes.
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons (or more) of dark seasoning. You can choose from Knorr, Bragg or Kikkoman. You can also opt for steak sauce.
Mix all the ingredients in a jaw and cover with a screw-type cap. Allow the mixture to sit while waiting for the chicken to marinate. This will make sure that the flavor will be stronger and tastier.